Tcamembers.org provides a major body of information about the Association, its services, and opportunities for members. Members may log in to view special material including minutes of the Board of Directors and its Executive Committee, committee reports, material to help divisions organize and promote their activities, our archive of Train Collectors Quarterly magazine, issues of our National Headquarters News, and more.
Other major services include:
- Finding information about toy trains.
- Access to the National Toy Train Library.
- Getting the most from your membership.
- TCA Netvision, an online video service about the Association and the latest developments in toy trains.
- Finding a local TCA Division or Chapter, with links to their sites and lots of information about their activities.
- Local and national events, including train meets (where toy trains are displayed, discussed, bought and sold), and our National Convention, which is held annually at various sites around the United States.
- Major developments of interest to members.
- How TCA sets standards for the hobby and enforces them.
Nttmuseum.org is dedicated to telling the story of our National Toy Train Museum and Library. It describes our exhibits, provides exciting videos, and has extensive information about types and history of toy trains, as well as detailed information on our National Toy Train Library.
The site is also a major focus of information for:
- The TCA Kids Club.
- The Museum Store, which offers an array of toy-train related items.
- Using the resources of the National Toy Train Library.
- When and how to visit the Museum.
We also offer a condensed mobile version for museum visitors on the go, especially useful on smartphones.
TCA e*Train provides hundreds of accurately written articles about toy trains, the train hobby, collecting trains, operating trains, and other subjects of interest to train collectors, hobbyists, and the public.
Since articles are set in HTML rather than PDFs, they are updated as new information comes available. This provides a treasury of information dating back to March 2002, when the publication began, and which never grows old.
Particularly popular subjects include:
- Definition and articles about Modern Era, PostWar Era, and PreWar Era trains and accessories.
- Articles on:
Mint cars, Aquarium cars, Window display cars, 6464 series cars, Vat cars, and Ore cars.
Popular motorized cars, including Switchers, Maintenance of Way, Multiple Unit cars, Subway cars, and Budd cars.
Collecting toy trains.
Building and operating toy train layouts.
Maintenance, repair, and restoration of toy trains and layouts.
Travels by members to train-related locales, railfanning, train stories, and Christmas memories.
Toys made by toy train manufacturers.
Toy train book reviews.
And a growing picture gallery.
Tcabuysell.org provides a place where members may list toy train items they are looking to buy or sell.
Non-members may view listings, but may not place ads or participate in the buying and selling process.
Actual transactions are between members, and the Train Collectors Association is not involved in processing payments.
Members using this site are required to observe TCA's standards.
The Toy Trains Mailing List (TTML) is a special discussion group where participants who have joined this moderated Yahoo group may share ideas about toy trains.
The group is open to the public, but participants are required to join the group and their postings are subject to rules shown there.
As a result of having been in operation for many years, this site has accumulated thousands of messages and pictures which can be searched for, and which provide a valuable resource for train collectors.
TCAConvention.org is a site that is activated each year to provide full information regarding the program and registration for TCA's National Convention. Each annual convention is hosted by one of the Association's divisions, which is responsible for its content.